DIY Wildfire v4 Support?

I’d like to make my own Wildfire v4 using the files on the Wicked Devices website. However, I don’t see any posts related to that topic in this forum. Is there any support for the DIY version here?

My experience level is beginner but I have successfully built David Mellis’ diy cell phone and want to try his Connected Devices tutorial. However he used Wildfire v3.

WildFire v4 is very similar to v3. The biggest difference is it uses an ESP8266 for its Wi-Fi module rather than the (discontinued) CC3000. You can get all sorts of info about it at wildfire.wickeddevice.com. You can also buy an assembled v4 from here: https://shop.wickeddevice.com/product/wildfire

Hope that helps! Anything not CC3000-specific from David’s tutorials should still apply.

Thanks, vicatcu, that’s good info to know re: the differences btwn the two versions. David’s tutorial includes the DIY Wildfire version so I thought I’d try that.

There’s no bill of materials on the Wildfire product page, so I exported the parts list from the Eagle files. Most of it is clear except for the 59 highlighted items (pages 4-7 in the pdf link.) I assume are just open/ unused pins, etc because no product is listed, but can you confirm?

For example the first of three items are listed as:
U$5 1PIN 1PIN wicked-device (2.5 2.2) R0
U$6 1PIN 1PIN wicked-device (2.4 2.2) R0
U$7 1PIN 1PIN wicked-device (2.3 2.2) R0

Yes, I’m pretty confident those are the extra rows of 0.1 inch spaced header pins that are not populated adjacent to the female shield header locations (which are ‘more interior’ with respect to the highlighted parts in your PDF). Hope that makes sense. Good luck with your build, feel free to post back pictures of your DIY version.

Thanks, vicatcu for getting back to me. I’m going to give it a go! Fingers crossed:)